Saturday, February 9, 2019

WhipLash...Crack!!!

 

Kind of late in the day but at least I'm out of Bob's noggin for a while. I'm sure most people still know me from my first hit "Old Honky Tonk Truck." I spent the last 20 summers hitting the fairground circuit, television specials and anywhere possible to sell my music. 

In all the years and memorabilia, guess this old poster sums it up. As Whiplash I still live off my very first song. I don't mind. It made millions, created lots of jobs and boosted the sales of every note I've written and sung since.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to come off as a poser, but you must realize I am a businessman and to sell my music I need to look, talk and sing like my music. That's what I do every summer.


Wintertime I disappear. It's a question I get from all the late-night television host. Never told them and they never found out. The National Inquirer spent quite a lot of money trying to locate my hiding spot, but they too were unsuccessful. I will share it with you here for the first time.

Trinidad. Yes, named by Christopher Columbus himself. The place I inhabit is away from curious tourist and provides me with some wanted isolation. The locals just think I am a strange American with a dark past needing to hide somewhere.

In this manner I am able to write new songs, compose new music all winter in a warm beautiful place. I write maybe twenty keepers over four months time. Sell most to other artist and record a few myself the following spring. 


My neighbor tells me that Henri Cheriere, the famous Papillion who escaped from Devils Island spent some time right here in this villa on one of his failed attempts. 


Times getting short, so I'll leave you with an extra. Here is a photo of my first singing engagement. 


Later,
Bob C.




No comments:

Post a Comment