Friday, February 8, 2019

Oh yeah, I'm bad, who's your Reservoir Dog...

 

I love being a dog. Wish someone would come out and scratch behind my ear. Maybe I can get it with my back foot. Oh yeah, ooh, ooh, too hard. That's good enough. Been laying in the shade but look, there's a small hole in the fence. 


Better check it out, sniff, sniff, sniff. Holy Cow! Somebody stop this, please! I'm shrinking down being pulled into the hole... now on the other side expanding twice the size of normal.


Panting in panic, heart racing I'm flying all over, no control, out of control. Not my doing so better not be no scolding when this is over.


Although my legs are rigid and sprawled out, it's getting bearable as my heartbeat eases slightly and I gain some balance. Looking back, I still see my yard even though I'm blasting through pure empty nothingness.

 

By no action on my part a foreign shore looms into view and I gently slow and am eased onto the sandy beach. Unnoticed I have come to rest behind a treacherous looking character who is staring menacingly at two young boys. He is blocking their path and they are terrified.  

Moving close behind him, I give a low rumble in my throat and bump him with my muzzle. Seeing me his knees go shaky and he wet himself, (at that age and not house broke yet)? Thankfully he runs away leaving the boys alone. They crawl all over me and I'm loving it. They even know where to scratch behind both ears.

I took the boys close to where a frantic mom and dad were searching for them. I left so my great size would not worry the parents even more.

Back I went into the cosmos by no will of my own on a return odyssey to and through the hole in the fence. Can't explain it but after all I'm a dog and I head right back to my shady spot.

Later,
Bob C.



No comments:

Post a Comment